Private Educational Institutions Regulatory Authority- PEIRA regulates all matters related to functioning of private educational institutions- PEIs operating in Islamabad Capital Territory- ICT and imparting education up to Grade XII/ higher secondary level or equivalent.
In order to ensure quality, transparency and discipline in an educational setup, We perform following functions:-
- determine and enforce minimum quality standards that are mandatory for an educational institution.
- PEIRA’s quality standards are enforced through granting registration certificate to an educational institution.
For Parents/ Students
- determine fee to be charged by PEIs- in commensuration of academic quality of an institution and on-campus educational services and facilities available to the students.
For Teaching Professionals
- ensure services of qualified and professional teachers are provided for imparting education in a private setup, and conditions of teachers’ services are warranted.
- PEIRA is the only regulatory authority that works for Continuous Professional Development of Teachers in a private educational setup by promoting teaching innovations, because we believe that a teacher’s role is fundamental in grooming of a student, and because only a well-conversant and trained teacher can ensure student learning outcomes- SLOs.