Online Registration from will be upload soon. Please click here to see guideline for Registration.
Time bound Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Registration of a Private Educational Institution (PEI) in ICT
The cases for Registration of a Private Educational Institution (PEI) located in Islamabad Capital Territory shall be processed by Private Educational Institutions Regulatory Authority (ICT-PEIRA) as per following Time-bound SOPs:
- The Application Forms shall be available online and can also be acquired from Admin & HR Section of ICT-PEIRA on written request along-with receipt of form fee, to be deposited in HBL-FBISE Branch, Sector H-8, Islamabad.The fee shall only be deposited on prescribed challan form that is available online/in the branch concerned as there shall be no cash handling for the puropose at ICT-PEIRA’s office.
- The Revised Checklist of required documents to be submitted along with filled Application Form shall also be enclosed with the Registration Form for convenience of applicants.
- Application for Registration (duly filled)along with set of required documents for the registration of PEIs on the prescribed format shall be submitted by the management of PEI, in the office of Chairperson, ICT-PEIRA.
- The received applications of registration shall be forwarded to the Registration Section earliest for scrutiny of documents and further processing.
- The Registration Application shall be checked by the Registration Section and shortcomings (if any) in the documents required shall be conveyed to the concerned PEI within one week.
- Upon fulfillment of all documentary requirements as per Checklist, payment of prescribed fee and completion of registration application in all terms registration section shall inform PEI concerned within one week for submission of filled Inspection Proforma(available on official website www.peira.gov.pk).
- Upon receipt of filled Inspection Proforma and required documents the Inspection date shall be conveyed by registration section at least 2-3 days prior to Inspection Visit.
- The Inspection Team shall be approved by the Chairperson comprising of 2-3 members with one member from outside PEIRA nominated out of available pool of education experts, society representatives, subject specialists, retired teachers etc.
- The Secretary of the Inspection team shall be PEIRA employee who shall be responsible for coordination for the visit and to compile the draft Inspection Report.
- The Inspection shall be conducted by the team as per given schedule and team shall be received at the PEI by management, the PEI Presentation/ Briefing shall be made by PEI management during first hour of the visit along with required details.
- The detailed presentation of PEI shall be followed by the visit of PEI for verification of records submitted by the PEI along with application for registration.
- The Inspection Team members shall visit the premises, building, classrooms, labs, offices, playgrounds, canteen etc to observe the quality of teaching& learning practices and overall learning environment.
- The team members shall record their Academic& General Observations both in Quantitative and Qualitative aspects and convey those observations (in writing/ verbal) immediately to the secretary of the Inspection Team.
- The secretary of the team (PEIRA employee) shall submit the draft report in one-week time frame for approval of the Authority.
- In case of meeting all requirements, criteria and documentary requirements, the Registration Certificate shall be issued by the office of the Chairperson-PEIRA upon receiving complete file along with Satisfactory Inspection Report from Registration section.
- The observations shall be conveyed to PEI concerned after 2-3 weeks of the inspection and Compliance Report(if required for any shortcoming) shall be asked for submission by the PEI within 45 days of conveying the observations.
- Upon receiving the Compliance Report against observations conveyed by PEIRA, the PEI shall be informed about Final Decision of the Authority regarding registration and Inspection Visit Report shall be shared with PEI concerned for the purpose of improvement.
- The PEI shall have the Right of Appeal to be submitted (if desired) within 30 days of the receipt of Final Decision to the Chairperson PEIRA for consideration and review of earlier decision.
- The Chairperson shall review the Appeal and final decision of the competent authority shall be conveyed to PEI concerned within 30 days of receiving the Appeal.
- The Chairperson, ICT-PEIRA shall review the Appeal and final decision of the competent authority shall be conveyed to PEI concerned within 30 days of receiving the Appeal.